Live by the Word . . .

Here I post deep thoughts, moral ruminations and ethical conundrums for my own benefit and for the benefit of those who may wander by.

My Photo
Name:

I'm a PhD candidate working in early Medieval literature. I'm also a husband and dad to three of the greatest kids in the world. Enjoy what's here.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rejection

I have suffered a minor setback in my grand plan. I heard back from BYU, one of the schools to which I submitted for a masters degree. They said they weren't interested in me at this time, they had many fine applicants, we're trying to be polite while telling you that we didn't think all the time and effort you put into your application was worth enough for us to include you, etc. I grant you that the Y is a fairly prestigious school, and I set my sights pretty high, but it was a bit of a blow to find out that not everyone thinks I'm as great as I do.
I still have yet to hear back from the University of Colorado at Boulder and the University of Utah. We shall see how the wind blows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home