Live by the Word . . .

Here I post deep thoughts, moral ruminations and ethical conundrums for my own benefit and for the benefit of those who may wander by.

My Photo
Name:

I'm a PhD candidate working in early Medieval literature. I'm also a husband and dad to three of the greatest kids in the world. Enjoy what's here.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Acceptance

Well, I thought it was about time to report on some less depressing news. I heard back from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and they accepted me. There is a cloud to this silver lining because they didn't offer any financial assistance, but this is a huge deal for me. I've been told that this school ranges anywhere from the top 25 to the top 10 in the nation for English. So, though it may be prohibitively expensive, we're planning on packing up and moving to Colorado. It's taken some getting used to, and a few chats with some professors, but I'm getting excited, still scared yes, but excited.
Heidi and I are trying to figure all the details out, but I think that she is also beginning to look forward to this. I think the biggest issue that both of us are facing is that we like our adventures to take place between the covers of a book. They're much safer that way than to actually try to work through them in reality. We're happy with a slightly changing status quo, and this trip is much more than that. I know one person that will be in Boulder when we move there. We've never been to the area and know basically nothing about it.
Excitement, adventure, pah. [We] crave not these things. --Yoda
Excitment, adventure, danger . . . lurking . . . around every . . . corner--AAAAHH!! ---Flounder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home